Galway Business School is closed as part of the national response to the COVID-19 outbreak. There will be no face-to-face classes this semester with online delivery in place via our Virtual Learning Environment.
At Galway Business School, the academic team has been working to ensure our learners can complete this academic year in a timely manner via remote delivery and remote assessments. We will continue to maintain academic integrity and provide assessments to enable you to either progress to your next academic year, or graduate as appropriate.
If you are an applicant or are looking to start an application for a course, Galway Business School is still accepting and processing applications for September 2020.
- There will be no face-to-face classes or workshops for the remainder of this semester.
- All programmes will continue to be remotely delivered on our Moodle platform until the end of the semester.
- There will be no in-person end-of-semester examinations in May 2020 due to Covid-19.
- We will only use online alternative assessments which will examine the same learning outcomes.
- Remote assessments or alternative assessments will replace previously scheduled examinations and will be arranged accordingly. Updates will be provided on Moodle.
As part of our contingency planning, Galway Business School’s Academic Council has taken the proactive decision to adjust some examinations scheduled for May with alternative assessments.
Examinations will now be delivered online through our Virtual Learning Environment. Learners can now access the revised examination timetable via Moodle. The exam timetable also displays all modules which were previously scheduled as formal exams and shows the revised mode of assessment. All alternative assessments will offer equivalent validity, reflect high standards, and address the learning outcomes of each module.
- Learners are not expected to attend college in person for the remainder of the semester.
- This supports the Irish government directives on school closure as well as social distancing as the Covid-19 international emergency affects us all. We will continue to support your learning. This includes for those of you who choose whether to stay in Ireland or return home.
- Online teaching resources and materials will be accessible through Moodle from anywhere in the world.
- If you decide to return home, it is important that you inform Galway Business School of your plan so we know how best we can support you.
Please continue to monitor your Moodle page and your email account for further updates.